HeNN's Earthquake Relief Effort Update (June 19, 2015)
Dear Help Nepal Network members and supporters worldwide,
Please see attached recent photos of temporary shelters we have constructed in Nuwakot, Dolakha and Kavrepalanchowk districts. We have adopted the “tunnel house” design as an effective solution for temporary shelters. As of now we are in the process of completing the construction of approximately 200 such temporary shelters in Samundradevi VDC (Nuwakot), Jhyaku VDC (Dolakha) and Majhifeda VDC Ward No.1,2,3,4,5,6, (Kavrepalanchowk) and Panauti Ward No. 9 (Kavrepalanchowk).
Here is the Activity Report for June 16th, 17th and 18th:
June 16th, 2015
1. Samundradevi VDC, Nuwakot. Construction of 39 temporary shelters underway. Additionally, in Samundradevi, Ward No. 4, Khole Gaun, Nuwakot, zinc sheets and materials required to build 8 additional temporary shelters secured. Fieldwork will start June 17th in partnership with Shree Kamaltari Prangarki Krishi Sahakari Sanstha Ltd.
2. Jhyaku VDC, Dolakha. Construction of 50 temporary shelters continued.
3. Majhifeda Ward No.1,2,3,4,5,6, Kavrepalanchowk. Construction of 42 temporary shelters continued.
4. Panauti Ward No.9, Kavrepalanchowk. Construction of temporary shelters (“tunnel house” design) continued.
5. Bhedpur, Ward no.- 1, Dolakha. Distributed Mosquito Nets in partnership with the Office of Village Development Committee.
6. Jafe, Ward no. 1,2,7,8,9. Distributed Mosquito Nets in partnership with the Office of Village Development Committee.
June 17th, 2015
1. Samundradevi VDC, Nuwakot. 39 Temporary shelters continue to be built. Samundradevi Ward No. 4, Kholegaun, Dolakha. Construction of 8 additional temporary shelters started.
2. Jhyaku VDC, Dolakha. 50 temporary shelters continue to be built.
3. Majhifeda Ward No.1,2,3,4,5,6, Kavrepalanchowk. 42 temporary shelters (“tunnel house” design) continue to be built.
4. Panauti Ward No.9, Kavrepalanchowk. Temporary shelter construction (“tunnel house” design) continued.
5. Salangtar-7, Dhading. Distributed mosquito nets and sanitary supplies. In partnership with Film Directors Guild of Nepal.
6. Golche 1-9, Sindhupalchowk. Distributed mosquito nets and sanitary supplies. In partnership with Sunkhani Indrawati Society.
June 18th, 2015
1. Panauti Ward No.9, Kavrepalanchowk. Construction of __ temporary shelters completed.
2. Mahadevsthan, Dhading. Materials required to build temporary shelters secured; fieldwork will start June 19th in partnership with Change For Health.
3. Dudhpokhari, Dolakha. Materials required to build temporary shelters secured; fieldwork will start on June 19th in partnership with Shailung Research Center-Nepal.
4. Kolati bhumli 6 and 8 , Kavrepalanchowk. Mosquito nets and sanitary supplies distributed in partnership with Gaun Bikash Samiti.
If you have any questions about our Nepal operations, please contact our head of operations in Nepal, Arun Singh Basnet (mobile phone: +977-9851070860, Email: email@example.com).
Volunteers in Nepal, please contact our Communications and Coordination Center -- Roshendra Khadka (mobile phone: +977-9851166111, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
To donate, please visit: http://helpnepal.net/nepal-earthquake-2015
For fundraising matters, please contact me at email@example.com.
We continue to be extremely grateful for everyone’s support. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.
On behalf of Help Nepal Network,